Anybody know how to call the cops on nieghbors without them knowing?

My neighbors in the condo we rent fight all the time. It is a Slavic man about 6 foot 6 and built huge, and his little 5 foot girlfriend. They fight (loudy) over everything from "Why didn't you open the door for me when I came home?!" To "You party too much!!" They have very foul mouths, and come up the stairs swearing out loud, language I don't want my son to hear before he even learns to talk. The last fight they had I could hear her trying to scream with his hand over her mouth while he slapped her around and swore at her. Sometimes I swear they just fight as a prelude to lovemaking.....The problem is, I am the only neighbor ever home when they do fight, our front door is pretty flimsy and would never stand up to a solid kick from a guy that size, and I'm usually home alone with my baby ( and I'm pregnant....) I am afraid that if I called the police they would know who it was that called and would retalliate with violence. And I'm pretty sure she wouldn't press charges anyway.... In the last place I lived I had to call the cops on a neighbor who was beating up his mom ( yeah, real classy) and the COP told them I had called. After he left, without any charges being filed,btw, they came to my door to confront me about it. At the time I was a single woman living alone and wouldn't answer my door. I called our landlord, who was a friend of mine, and he came over and told them if they bothered me again he would have to evict them. After that, they did leave me alone, but somehow managed to hit my electric blue car with their piece of crap car a week later....They said they didn't see it...And had no insurance....And they were almost smiling. Until I told them my brother was a lawyer....

Robbiesmommy83

Asked by Robbiesmommy83 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Just call. We had a drug dealer living next door and I saw him punch his girlfriend in the face, I called the cops. Was I scared, yes, but I was more worried about her safety. Just keep your doors locked.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I would call them and ask the police to remain anonymous, say that you are sacred he'll come after you if he finds out you called.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Call the police and let them know that you hear alot of yelling etc...coming from such and such address and when they ask for your name ,just tell them you'd rather not give that.
    cjsix

Answer by cjsix at 4:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I am worried about my safety and my babies safety, and I'm not going to call unless there is another person home. We all park right out front and they can see whose home at any time. If I am the only person home its going to be obviouse who called even if I ask for anonymity. The back door has a glass panel and I could break it with a spoon, and the front door is juct a crappy wood door. Both can be broken into easily.
    Robbiesmommy83

Comment by Robbiesmommy83 (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• If something happened recently don't do a thing but it sounds like this is happening a lot so let some time go by without them seeing you then when you report them do it anonymously if the cops ask for your info just hang up...lol but atleast they got a report to come check it out GL Don't worry sometime soon maybe these people will move away just pray about it or if you can... you move away.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• The police should not be telling them who called. And if they do speak to the police supervisor about it. You should be able to so anonymously as well. And if you fear for your safely let the police know that too. We are having the same problem. Our neighbors are scum of the earth and I hesitate to call the cops at night because my husband works nights and it's just me and my toddler at home. But sometimes I need to do something.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 8:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Call and block your number. You don't have to tell them who you are.
    Hickette71

Answer by Hickette71 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2011