How do i get my beautiful daughter into modeling?

ashleyghigs4491

Asked by ashleyghigs4491 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• go to a big city, New York/LA/ATL and find and agent. but good luck it's a lot of work and just b/c you think she's beautiful or everyone else says she is doens't mean they will think so. ppl will say your baby is cute just not to offend. babies are cute but they can be ugly and ppl won't tell you
    Anonymous

• OMG that anon post was rude.

your probably ugly anon
    Anonymous

• how is it rude. some ppl have ugly babies. i was just telling the truth, they may not think she is but there are ugly babies on commercials
    Anonymous

• I would wait until she could decide it for herself. I think it iscruel to force kids into pagents and things. Oh yeah and I have 2 beautiful daughters myself. They can do things like that when they are old enough to want to.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• WOW, don't you think that she should be a bit older to decide if she wants her self worth to be based on beauty? That modeling word is very vicious and cruel..
    Yes I am the proud owner of a beautiful.. I mean beautiful daughter...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 8:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I don't think modeling is a good idea for kids. I think it seems to be more of the parent wanting to live through the child. Its not right. Let her decide when she is old enough if that is the life she wants to live.
    Anonymous

• I considered modeling for my sons when they were little. Catalog stuff. Everyone told me how beautiful they were... strangers even.... and that they should model. I was going to use it for college and in no way push them into it when they got older. I never did it, but I don't see how it is bad. And they were beautiful babies! Cute kids now, but they have attitudes and are mouthy. Makes them a lot less cute! ;)

Check your city paper's classifieds. There should be ads for catalog modeling, if that's what you're interested in.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• my advice would be to be very careful. maybe as a precursor to starting a career you could enter her in photo contests and such, there are tons online. the one that i've enjoyed the most is thecutekid.com ive also done a few smaller ones with like newspapers and such. but the cute kid does monthly ones so it is easier to enter at your leisure. also, this one is judged by a bunch of talent agents and stuff and they have a bunch of testimonials from kids who got modeling jobs bc an agent saw them on the site
    JessieM12378

Answer by JessieM12378 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2008