agree or disagree..

When you get married you (men and women) have an obligation to keep your health in good standing, your looks, and to not do anything radical (physically) with out at least speaking to your partner about it.

What I mean is that it behooves every married person to not all of the sudden make radical changes that would effect their health... example take up smoking or start gaining large amounts of weight. To keep up their looks... not to start slumping around never dressing up or letting personal hygienego by the way side.  Or to make radical changes... tattoos when neither of you have ever had one, piercings, shaving your head, dying your hair a radical color... anything that is out of the norm for you. 

((obviously if you marry some one with tattoos... there would be little issue with an additional one... accept maybe a radical face tattoo))

Do you agree or disagree that once you are married you owe the family a bit of respect of in put when it comes to changes.  That you owe the family the respect of taking care of your health.  and the respect of looking decent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• If you started drinking only soda and ate fast food daily and gained large amounts of weight and now became diabetic causing your insurance rates to go up and limiting your activity level your hubs has no right to be upset?

I care about myself enough not to do that. I dont need a baby sitter watching my health. I'm an adult and can take care of myself/
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• For real? This is a serious question? I would have to disagree. I'm not OBLIGATED to my spouse or anyone in that regard.
    Anonymous

• You are obligated to keep the vows you took when you married. It would have been a unique ceremony indeed that swore you to refraining from tattoos, piercings, and morbid obesity. LOL! I'm just kidding a little. But that really is the sum of your "obligations." I do see your point. And I do understand it. Like I said, in my home we would discuss those things. But I didn't get married to control my husband and his personal style and habits. And I certainly didn't get married so he could control mine!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I disagree. My body my choice. I wont control what my husband does to his body and I will not allow him to control me on what I do with mine.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• so mommyoftwo... if you came home and hubs gains 75 lbs and tatts up his whole arm (if he is a non tat guy) or put in those silly earring things that make holes the size of 50 cent pieces... you wouldnt care?+

Nope. He's gain about 30 lbs sine we met, as long as he's healthy I don't care. If he didnt tell me about getting the tats I would be upset since its our money but i would care if he did if I knew about it before hand.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Disagree.
    I may be a wife and mother, but I'm still Bee. I think I'm capable enough to decide for myself without a committee meeting on the subject.
    I guess I should thank my lucky stars that I married a man who respects me for being the woman I am, not June Cleaver. I give him the same respect, because I didn't marry him to tell him how to dress, eat, drink, or comb his hair.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 4:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Deliberate changes, it would be a loving gesture to discuss if first with the spouse.

Answer by Bmat at 4:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I think I'm going to say...disagree. I think it would be nice (and a sign of a good healthy marriage) if the person wanting to make a change perhaps mentioned it once or twice before doing it, but I don't feel like anyone is morally obligated to do so! My hair is nearly down to my rear end again. If I got a sudden urge to have it ALL cut off tomorrow when I'm out shopping, then I could do that and not feel obligated to run it by my husband first. If he wanted to grow a beard and stop trimming his eyebrows, then I would be curious, but that would just have to be okay with me.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• And, by the way, in my house we would absolutely talk to one another about these sorts of things, but I don't think either of us feels obligated to do so.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• @Auntiemom...you may not need a breast augmentation after you've been pregnant and (maybe breastfed)! LOL!!!!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2011