ladies lets help someone..REPOST

wo years ago, i had a friend here at cafe who fell ill with breast cancer. during a private conversation, she had confided in me that between losing both breasts, and her hair...that it was the loss of her hair that bothered her most. this touched me so deeply as a woman...to lose such defining, feminine features....

what could i possibly do to help a friend battleing stage four breast cancer? i had nothing. she was in delaware, i in r.i.

so one day after having taken a shower, i stood there looking at my self in the mirror.

two major features {of course there is more than two} however my focus was... my breasts, and my hair.

to lose both? my god i can't imagine. so.. i went to a hairdresser, cut off all 15 inches of my hair and sent it to WORLD OF WIGS in california.

see... i had written to them about my friend lissy... who was an autism admin, paying it forward to other moms everyday. we wanted to help lissy get a wig, but how? well world of wigs has this wonderful program where they set up wig funds, so that people can donate hair and money to pay for high quality human hair wigs.

perfect! so.. that's what we did. i cut off my hair, shipped it out and then came here to ask you all for help.

YOU ALL STEPPED UP...AND YOU CHANGED SOME ONE'S LIFE!

http://www.wigfund.org/wig-fund.php?id=2773100 *******

above is lissy's wig fund, and as you can see...we changed lissy's life.

BUT NOW WE HAVE A NOTHER MOM WHO NEEDS OUR HELP.

Kristin was diagnosed with graves disease in 2010... shortly after, she started losing her hair in clumps! kristen is currently being tested for many conditions including alopecia. at this stage of the game, no one can tell kristen how much hair she will lose... or if it will ever grow back.

kristen... has to look in the mirror every day and face a condition that's robbing her of one of the very things we as women, identify as feminine... her hair.

we can change kristen's life... we only need two things.

one.. your hair. it CAN BE COLORED TREATED, BLEACHED, PERMED, STRAIGHTENED AND GREY!!! that's one of the things that makes word of wigs so unique amongst other wig companies... they can do it all with anything you send as long as it is AT LEAST 7 + inches.

two.... DONATIONS. i'm not asking you for money.. neither is kristen. world of wigs has set up a wig fund for kristen so that if you choose to donate, you can do so WITHOUT A SINGLE PENNY TOUCHING ANY ONE'S HANDS.

that money goes to world of wigs, and it pays for the wig.

ANY EXTRA HAIR AND MONEY, WILL SPILL OVER INTO THE OTHER WIG FUNDS!!!

which is awesome! because... then we are helping others too. you can watch this fund grow... they will announce when they have all the hair and monies and when that happens... kristen will get her hair.

please ladies... if you have hair you were planning on cutting? we sure could use it.

have a dollar in your pay pall account? if 2,000 moms donate 1 dollar..we will change a life!

HELP ME HELP KRISTEN! AKA PNutsMomma.

if you have hair.. please bump!!!!

donation information to help kristen is below! thank you ladies!!! we did it once..we CAN do it again!

****** http://www.wigfund.org/wig-fund.php?id=9055820 *********

ladies! they accept grey, color treated, permed and chemically straightened hair. it has to be 7 + inches.

thank you all so much! you ladies are amazing!!!

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 4:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Health

• My entire head of hair is less than seven inches long, but I'll bump this post for you.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I cut off my hair a while back and I have a 10-in braid that needs to go somewhere. I was going to donate it to Locks of Love, but they wouldn't accept it because I color my hair.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I just made a donation to her wig fund. It made me feel so good to help somebody. She will be pretty no matter what.
    Anonymous

• my best friend lost her mom to breast cancer. ill def make a donation. unfortunately my hair is too short to donate. ill bump you also.
    shan02

Answer by shan02 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2011