Do you have a 2 year old that no long wants to take naps????

my son decided 2 days ago that e doesn't want to take naps no more which is great for me cause now he will go to sleep early and quick... so i'm all about it... just sometimes i wish he would so he wouldn't be such a grouch later in the day..

Lynnsae

Asked by Lynnsae at 4:51 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter stop taking naps about a month before her 3rd birthday and its works out better now. I no longer have to fight to get he to bed.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• thankfully not yet!!! he turned 2 in Sept and is still REALLY nap dependent!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Mine stopped long before two.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Both my boys gave up their naps around the age of two. You might try a quiet time each day.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Lillian started doing that around two. She will be three in June and still doesn't nap regularly. Every now and then she will take one if she is sick or got up a little earlier than usual. In general she goes to bed around 9 is and up between 8 and 9 in the morning and doesn't nap throughout the day.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My son stopped at 2 also - we were lucky that he didn't get too cranky but would go to bed early.. but he's 3 now and can run off 8 hours so he never needed much sleep...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• my son is 2 1/2 and only naps some days. I do notice that when mine doesn't nap he is more crabby in the evening. I think it depends on the kid but there is nothing wrong with not napping at 2 and if it works for your son that's great.
    tatertot0330

Answer by tatertot0330 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I so feel you right now. My 2 yr old recently stopped napping, and he is a total bear by 5 or 6pm.
    What really sucks is now when he does actually take one, he's wide awake until midnight.h
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 5:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• daughter stopped at 2
    son stopped around 2 1/2

we did quiet time-the had to lay on the couch with a blanket and watch a movie
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:09 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My boys stop taking naps around 2
    My daughter would't take a nap.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011