Anyone have a Second baby after a Reflux/Gerd baby ? Did #2 have reflux also?

I had a Son with GERD/Reflux and he was on Prevacid till he was 2. Hubby and I want another baby but wondered about the chance of our second having reflux.

Anyone have #2 or #3 ? Did they also end up with reflux?

tatertot0330

Asked by tatertot0330 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My older son had pretty bad reflux although his doctor never prescribed medication. We dealt with it with cereal in his formula and just dealing (he also had colic which was unrelated to his reflux). We went on to have 3 more kids after him. The girls (born 13 months and 4 1/2 years after him) showed no signs of reflux at all. Our youngest (now 6 months) son has it but it's not real bad and he seems to be growing out of it. He doesn't throw up half as much as he did as a newborn.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My 5yo had bad reflux when he was a infant till he was about 6 months old and my DD has never had a issue with reflux and she is 7 months old.Good Luck! :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2011