Wizard of Oz Hanging...what's your take?

do you think it's real, or is it a peacock? i use to think it was real until i saw it on youtube. What do you think?

if you haven't seen it check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGUeFYvYOnc&feature=related

nickellmomof2

Asked by nickellmomof2 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Okay, anon, since you are the all knowing one of the Wizard of Oz, why does it look so much like a bird (and not a deer) and why does this exist?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQECeV5nwzA

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I don't think it looks real myself and Snopes calls it false... I feel confident calling it fake.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• mommy of two--thats not true..the original actress was SUPPOSED to be Shirley Temple...and she is still alive..lol
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• that's my son's favorite movie so i see it everyday.. it looks very real to me cause if you look close you can see him climb then swing.. it's really creepy.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I have heard of this before but I don't own a copy of the movie so can't check for myself and this copy is really blurry and hard to see. In this clip it looks like a bird opening its wings to me. But, like I said, its really blurry and hard to tell.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• now, remember i thought it was true until i was shown this clip from youtube...did you look at? it really hard to believe after seeing this video.
    nickellmomof2

Comment by nickellmomof2 (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• It looks like a large bird to me!
    happiday

Answer by happiday at 5:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I've got an old copy of the movie around here somewhere, and I have it on DVD. I've heard the myth, but IDK if I believe it or not. I thought it occurred in another part of the movie, though. I always doubted that it was real, but who knows. I don't remember there being a huge bird in the background when I watched my old copy. I might dig it out later and hook my VCR back up and watch that part and zoom in a little. Right now, I'm still a skeptic.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i've read that on Snopes before...i'm almost 100% it's a bird.
    nickellmomof2

Comment by nickellmomof2 (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I heard it was a munchkin that hung himself. I've watched the scene many times and it looks like something swinging to me. Who knows?!?!?
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 5:09 PM on Jan. 13, 2011