dd is being such a brat!!!

ok so mu cousin is living w/ us now, and last weekend his son was over here for 2 days, and i dont wanna disrecpct my cousin' son or nething but he is a fucking brat and if i didnt think it would piss my cousin off i would beat his ass!!!!! the lil boy wines abouEVERYTHING and hes a fraking tadle tale from hell. now dd is starting to act just like him. i cant stand it, i mean my kids have never been the most behaved children, but my god! and i dont know what to do, she went from this lil girl who listened as much as a 3 year old will to a freaking kid who i wanna beat. and come to find out my cousin gets his son every weekend OMG please give advice. thanks ladies

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You need to stick to your rules and have his child do the same when in your home. At the very least you need to explain to your child that the rules will still be followed. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• You do not have to be at the mercy of the children in your house. They need to respect you and you need to set out the guidelines about how you respect each other in your house. If a child can't respect the people around them by being too noisy, whining too much, being selfish etc... then there are consequences like sitting in their room or on a stool for a few minutes to think about their behavior.
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• You need to have a talk with your cousin and let him know that crap isn't going to walk. He can take his son elsewhere to visit if he can't or won't abide by your rules. You let your daughter know it is over and what consequence will happen if she continues. Don't let kids (yours or anyone elses) run over you.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2011