Too strict??

Do you think it is too strict to expect your child 15 to call and get permission before they go from one place to another? Or to take their phone for texting with sexual inuendos and topics?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Nope that is certainly not too strict.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 6:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• no who said it was? your child???
    Anonymous

• You are still responsible for him/her so, no for both - it is your duty.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 7:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• thats not all i would do but no i dont think its too strict
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I don't think it's too strict. Heck, when I was 18, I was still expected to call home and let my parents know if I was going to be late, or not home at all. They also expected a general idea of where I was. It was just simple respect, so absolutely you should expect it from your 15 yr old. And as for the phone, oh yes, I'd be taking that phone for sure.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• No not my child. I am actually very liberal about most things maybe overly so. But I do not like the sexual tone of the texting, I know kids may talk like that but I don't like it the ballsiness they have behind the texting for one thing. And all I ask is ask so I know where you are and so i have input, even if they think I would say yes anyway. It seems that other teens their age sophomores and juniors are allowed more freedom.
    Anonymous

• Not in my world. I would agree with you 100%
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 8:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I block all texting on my sons phone. It is safer for them. They dont need texting only a phone for me to be able to find them or for them to call me if he needs me. My son is 14 and doesnt go anywhere unless it with family. He only spends the night with family. I guess I am over protective but I dont want him getting into trouble.
    Anonymous

• nope not one bit i do the same with my kids. my oldest is an angel my younger one is brat.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• no.
    Star419

Answer by Star419 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2008