What part in getting your kids ready for school...

do you hate the most?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Out the door and on time
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• all of it! lol. DS makes it all hard but I guess actually getting out the door is the worst part.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• explaining to my 11 year old daughter even though her outfit is cute, she still has to wear a coat because it's 30 degrees outside here in GA.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Nothing for me. I don't actually have to do anything. My 5th, 3rd and 2nd graders get themselves up and ready for school. They don't need me at all (I've even accidentally slept through it all and gotten up after they've left, they even help their 4yo sister get her breakfast since she can't pour her own milk).
    They are always up long before me. Get themselves dressed, hair brushed, etc. They eat breakfast at school but even when they didn't they would get their own breakfast. And then when it's time to go to the bus stop they leave. All without me saying a word. I feel quite lucky.
    Not sure how next year will go, though, when the oldest is in middle school. Her bus will come 50 minutes earlier and she's not a morning person. And my 4yo will be in kindergarten and not sure how she will do. We'll see.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Just reminding my older son that he needs to be quiet because his baby brother is still sleeping.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 5:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• dragging the baby to the bus stop when shes napping or about to fall asleep
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Putting on shoes. My dd for some reason makes it an issue every morning.

Answer by gemgem at 5:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I always hated the fight of making sure they were at school early enough for the required extra morning work for my daughter. She had to be at school before 7:15 and only had to do the stupid stuff because she messed up on the end of the year test - she was making straight As but because the test made the school look bad she had to take tutoring. One of the many reasons why I'm so glad we decided to start homeschooling.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• my husband takes them to school during his winter lay off and during that time there isn't to much to hate......then he goes back to work and then I have to do the drop off and it is the only part I really do hate about getting kids off to school.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• too many
    here are my top three:
    waking him up
    brushing teeth
    putting his socks on by himself
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 7:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2011