Has anyone who is trying to quit smoking ever tried the new electronic cigarettes?

I quit years ago, but I've seen the ads for these new "smokeless" electronic cigarettes (PureSmokeless Delite & American Bluetip are a few) that produce water vapor that looks like cigarette smoke, and are supposed to taste like cigarettes; but have less nicotine or no nicotine (I guess it depends on the brand or the "level" you buy).  

http://news10report.tv/health/electronic-cigarette-special-report.html

I'm just curious, has anyone here tried them? If so, what do you think of them?

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 5:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Health

• My husband tried it and it worked for him.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yes we are quitting smoking right now and DH has them. They work great, they light up and you can blow smoke like as if you are really smoking. It helps you get over that urge.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 6:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My husb & I $ them last winter. I did better than he did. But when summer came, we both reverted back to our old bad habits. I would like to give them another try tho. They did help.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• yes i i've tried them.i thought they were kinda cool-didn't quit, but i think if used like intented they will work try them.
    anthgrammy

Answer by anthgrammy at 6:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• A few ppl at my work used them for about a month and started up on the real thing again. GL to you
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I heard they were actually worse for you after the incident on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills where Camille's friend was smoking one.
    KenKie

Answer by KenKie at 12:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2011