where do u draw the line= what exactly makes a dude creepy

i have been recently told by a Cmer that it is strange and wrong that i found the following situation creepy -
-mcd's playland (about 1 and 1/2 stories high)
- no parents Ever go in it
- there is a seperate playland for toddlers that is pretty nice with a slide
- man is crawling around the playsystem with his toddler and yelling at random kids (mine included - see my last ??)
i just dont see why he needs to be in there - all the other parents are content with the toddler system. maybe it is just because in our old neighborhood one day at the park all the parents were talking and alarmed because a known child molester was there - with a kid - the child of his girlfriend - as his excuse to be there - cops made him leave. so maybe that background effects me too me - i am too suspicious. idk tell me.

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 5:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I bet if it was a female instead of a male no one would bat an eye. I don't get why a man playing with children is an automatic red flag but a women playing with children is normal.

Now with him yelling at other kids then i would have a problem and if he was touching other kids.

Now for the park deal the guy was probably asked to leave because either he isn't suppose to be around kids or so many people complained and he was asked to leave so no problems were caused.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Overreacting.
    Anonymous

• it sounds like he was just having fun, at bonkers my ex goes in with all his kids, i never found it weird. and obviously parents do "go up there" bc he did. i know when our mcdonalds had a playland we were always in there with the kids
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I agree it sounds like he was having fun and that you might have been over reacting.. I understand how this can happen although I do agree if it was a female no one would have said anything. I guess if he was yelling at the kids in a mean way then I would have had to say something to him, if he was just playing around and having fun then I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• not mcdonals playland but a place like it
    my daughter was two and i went in there
    she has sensory disorders and autism, so i was there with her=close by
    i was only adult in there
    i am not a child molester
    just a parent who needed to watch child very closely
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I'd rather have a parent in there with their kids than sitting on the bench, too busy texting to notice their little angel just kicked someone in the head repeatedly.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My husband always crawls around the play thing at places like that. The yelling at other kids is weird and rude but I can see a woman doing the same things some people just don't know the line. If I were you I would just use my instincts, if you feel someone is creepy and acting inappropriate remove your child from the situation.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• trutv.com say ---"The majority of child molesters, more than 95 percent, are male." so i am the only one who watches more closely when there is a man around.... really? i hope not - i doubt males more because they hurt kids more... certainly i could care less if women want to go in the playsystem - in the years we have been going to that mcd's i have only ever seen one parent enter the playsystem - when her kid was stuck at the top screaming for help....
    AmaliaD

Comment by AmaliaD (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• trutv.com say ---"The majority of child molesters, more than 95 percent, are male."

First off, you really shouldn't be getting stats from a station that makes completely scripted fake reality shows like Operation Repo, but you might also want to look up how common it is for molesters to go after strangers vs how often they go after kids they know (and usually are related to). You're profiling half the human species based on the behavior of a fraction of a subgroup of it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Your overreacting. A woman called my husband creepy at the park because he wasn't sitting on his lazy butt like her but was actually playing with our kids. She said he needed to stay off the equipment or she could call the police. He showed her his badge (he is the Chief of Police) she apologized and left quickly.lol

OP you sound like a busy body the guy was playing with his kid. For you to be upset with him is ridiculous and I wouldn't want my kids near yours. Your are creepy.
    Anonymous