Have you ever had a weekend away from the kids?

Trying to rekindle what was lost in my marriage and thought about a weekend getaway. I've never even let my kids spend the night at friends houses so I'm weary on this idea...not to mention we are NO where near family. How often did you call to check up on them? Was this weekend getaway still in town to be near the kids?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 6:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• My husband and I go every year for our anniversary for a weekend get away. I call and check on my baby at least twice a day and talk to him whenever he wants to call and talk to me no matter what I am doing.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 6:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Only in my dreams
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Oh yes we have several times :) I think its important to stop being parents for just a minute (you know what I mean) and remember why you two are together!!!

I mean really, what good is being a perfect parent if you cant keep their mom and dad together for them :)

And it doesnt have to be far away or be for a very long time....we have gone about an hour away and just had nice dinners....some drinks to loosen us up :) Swimming in the pool without worrying about someone drowning the whole time :0 lol

Take time for your marriage...your kids will give you a HUGE thank you when they are old enough to know how much effort a good marriage takes!!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I mean to add....call in and check on the kids as many times as you need to to feel ok....it gets easier :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My husband just had a little get away together for the first time since kids a couple of weeks ago. The kids were fine :) They stayed with my in-laws. We were in Buenos Aires visiting my in-laws and went to a spa in the country about 2 hrs away. That way we were close enough to get back quickly if we needed to (but we didn't). It was so nice!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• You have your own unique set of challenges here since you arent relying on family to help you. My husb & I take our annual anniversary get away that's about a 3 1/2 hour drive away. But my mom stays at the house & holds down the fort for us. We can always be reached by cell phone, as I'm sure you will be able to. Since it's a non-family member, I would check in w/ them in the late morning or early afternoon & again in the evening to say good nite to the kids. As long as you are reachable, you are on a get-away- so enjoy youselves!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I never did. I wouldn't want to leave them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Not yet.. my daughter's only two and I'm not comfortable with leaving her alone overnight with anyone, including family. Maybe in a few more years.. lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• never have.

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We go very often and sometimes I call and sometimes I don't depends on how much fun we are having. You call as often as you need to. We mostly go out of town
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2011