Sifted flour

A recipe that I am making (peanut butter cookies) calls for sifted flour. Well, I don't have a sifter. How much different would it taste with just regular flour?Sorry if it seems like a dumb question, but I honestly don't know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I just put mine in a strainer with tiny holes and sift. Lift it up and down in the bowl lol.

If it calls for sifted flour, you should really use sifted flour.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• When the flour is sifted it creates a different texture and is not about the flavor of the food.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 6:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• your recipe is just old, today flour comes already sifted and so you do not need to worry...it is in the old days they had to sift because flour was not pre sifted
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Actually, sifting flour makes it more fine and separate. It isn't about sifting things out of it. Finer flour creates a different texture, usually chewier.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 6:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2011