what's your best ghost story?

where did it happen? do you still live in the house where it happened? did it scare the crap out of you?

angevil53

Asked by angevil53 at 6:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Entertainment

• "Oh my god!" I looked up and leaning against a wall that jutted out (it was the closet), there was a dark figure. It was a man, small in stature, with an old hat on. He had his arms folded in front of him and his right shoulder was against the wall. CREEPY. We slept with the light on all night!
    Bubbles318

Answer by Bubbles318 at 12:07 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• funny I'm not sure that mine is really a ghost story, when we lived in our old house my middle used to sit int he corner of the living room and talk to himself. The first time he did it we just kind of blow it off, As time went on he would do it more and more and it looked like he was having a conversation with someone. To this day we joke about him talking to the ghosts in the old house.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Ghost story not so much but this house we're in has a lot of action. Things move, electrical things turn on and off repeatedly (we've had the electrician out--nothing's wrong), garage door opens on it's own, bathroom, basement and living room lights turn on by themselves and we hear footsteps and see white flashes alot.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My mom (now passed) used to see ghosts of people who recently died. When my dad died, she would see him everywhere, for about 6 months. She said it was always as though there were another place/world in the same spot she was looking at, and she could see both worlds in the same space. There would be a green meadow with rolling hills, and a small stream separating her from my dad, who sat on a stool near the stream. He never spoke, but would smile and gesture for her to join him.

A few years later, my sister and her husband were hit by a drunk driver. Her husband was killed. My mom stayed with my sister for a week after she was released from hospital. My mom said she saw my sister's husband, standing at the foot of my sister's bed, watching her. She didn't recognize the woman, but "knew" it was his 1st wife, who had died of breast cancer 2 years before he and my sister met. She "knew" that the 1st wife was there as his guide.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 7:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I have a few good ones.

A few years ago, after my uncle died suddenly of a heart attack, my parents, brother, and I were sitting around the dining room table talking about him. At one point, I turned m head and behind me, one of my mom's candlesticks came out of the holder , went up in the air, and fell back onto the hutch. I couldn't believe my eyes! It was ridiculous! And those candles were wedged in there!

Another one was when I was a senior in high school, I was up late on the computer one night. All the lights were off, my back was to everything in our old house. I heard "Tracy!" It sounded like my dad, I was like, "What?" I turned around, he wasn't there. I checked the bathroom, nothing. I walked down the hall into his room, nothing. Time for bed! Lol.

Another time, I was about 10. We had a foster child living with us at the time..we shared a room, bunk beds. All of a sudden, she looked up and was like
    Bubbles318

Answer by Bubbles318 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 16, 2011