18 weeks and Braxton is visiting???

I am 18 weeks today, and I am already having Braxton Hicks. This is driving me nuts. I hope that this does not continue through the rest of this pregnancy. Also, I have been cramping like crazy! It is a different feeling than stretching. It is constant, and gets very uncomfortable sometimes. I did not experience this with either of my other two pregnancies. Has anyone else had this? Or do you have this now? I am going to bring it up to my OBGYN on the 17th at my next appointment.

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 6:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You sound like you did the right thing calling the Dr. You pay him so that's what he's there for to ans questions and see you in the office. Always better to be safe than sorry, call with any worries and ease your mind, they don't mind.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I personally would call the office and speak to a nurse. It may be ok but if its that intense then Id def call GL!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• IMO you are too early in your preg to experience this so Id call now.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I did call the nurse, she said it is unusual, but not uncommon.
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Good!! Just keep your eye on it and if it gets to the point where you can actually time them then worry. But great news!! Good luck and congrats on baby #3!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Thanks, and thanks for your comments! It is just aggravating and annoying! lol
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I had braxton hicks at 3 months with my 2nd child...I had a ton cramping and pulling from my first trimester on. It happens
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 6:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011