Posting A Question

Why is it that some Christian posters or repliers, not all, seem to think that they need to save people that are not of their religious persuasion?

Just got to know to satisfy my own curiosity.

***UPDATE*** This comment was never intended to point fingers or cause trouble, but I have been noticing that there people doing this here.  I know that this is a forum of debate not a soapbox or anything.  Everyday I scan the current debate posts and read what others have written anonymous or otherwise and I was just curious about it. I'm not used to a preachy type crowd and was asking on a informational note as well as "is this usual sort of thing." For those of you wondering, this has never personal happened to me unless when the missionaries come to my front door.  I still debate with them too =).

tdbaas

Asked by tdbaas at 6:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Cont... and start saying things like "well it's your salvation so I don't care" or "fine if you're comfortable with going to hell then go" or (my favorite) "if you don't believe what i'm saying to be true then you're going to hell anyway cause MY church is the right church and the way I believe is the right way to believe"

People should care and watch what they say and do because at the end of the day if you've caused that person to go astray YOU have their blood on your hands!

figured I should write this before I get any negative responses *THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MINE, MY OPINION, IF YOU DISAGREE I CAN RESPECT THAT BUT PLEASE DON'T FEEL THE NEED TO ARGUE MY OPINION IT WOULD BE POINTLESS I MEAN AFTER ALL IT'S MY OPINION!!*
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 6:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• not surprised by the down votes. How dare we have differing views in a DEBATE forum

Differing views is one thing, a antagonistic remark that does not pertain to the question but rather is posted to start trouble, is quite another.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Apparently I am not to answer the same questions as NotPanicking.

You seem to have lost these

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-w9rbTh73yc/TQbegMpNcTI/AAAAAAAAAik/6E0AhxaIOKA/s320/panties.jpg

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Probably for the same reason atheists hate on the christians.

Atheist don't hate on Christians, we just hate being preached to.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Some people only half paid attention - they got the part about spreading the message, but skipped out the day they taught about teaching by example not by being a harpy.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Since I haven't seen you before this question I'm going to gather you're asking in reference to something that took place somewhere else like in the journals or another website etc. and say that some Christians aren't aware that other people are happy with other paths other than Christianity. Probably due to a lack of real life exposure to other religions (or thinking everyone they meet is a Christian).
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Because they're excited about their religion so they want to share it with the "unsaved" ones as they see fit. Plus in 1Chronicles 16:23 it says "Sing to the Lord, all the earth; Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day today. Some people take saving people from damnation to be a serious thing and that's fine. Then you have those that "recruit" they don't know that's what they are doing because they've been brainwashed into thinking that they're saving people.

I am a Christian and I know that as a Christian I should be concerned about others salvation and don't get me wrong I am. But I am also one of those people that feel like I want to spread/teach the word to someone that is really ready to hear and believe, and know that if they feel Christianity is not right for them I'm not there to condemn/judge them (that's God's job).

Most people don't know how to properly spread/teach the word they get fed up...cont
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 6:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• kristi why is it then ok for certain members to get away with it and not others? Hypocrisy runs rampant here.

Sarcasm is different from malicious pot stirring. There's no hypocrisy.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Im not sure why they act that way. I know not all christians are like that but there are a few on here....I got yelled at on here because I married my husband when i was still christian....I wanted to know more about his religion (wicca) and got called all sorts of names and not a "real" christian because aparently they can only marry within the religion....(i was never told that when I was in church)....that was when it pushed me over the edge and made me realize that christianity was not for me......at all....I am now wiccan and now i get shit for that.....

NP you crack me up.....i love reading your answers (its so much more fun when the smartass comes out haha) (dont mean to be rude hope you dont take it the wrong way =P)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• scratches her head and wonders if this is Pick on NP day ? Seriously people!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2011