did you hear? your zodiac sign could have been changed, and there's a 13th one now

I'm not really "into" this kinda stuff, but i like to read the things for fun. those of you who are actually into it though, might find this interesting:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/13/new-zodiac-sign-dates-oph_n_808567.html#s223863&title=kristin_leigh

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/13/new-zodiac-sign-dates-oph_n_808567.html#s223863&title=kristin_leigh

sorry, i don't know how to do the clicky thing
    armywife43

Comment by armywife43 (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yea, I heard...but astrological signs are a bunch of balogna so I don't care.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yes we heard for about the 20th time today.
    Anonymous

• I think the zodiac signs are for fun.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• What I would like to know is why they changed it after so long
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Vote me down, that's fine, but think of it this way. For all of those who "believe" in these signs...if your sign has changed, are you now having a different personality because of the change? No, because they aren't real. Just because your sign changed doesn't mean you change, nor is it accurate in who you are. That's just silly.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• rofl a new sign would mean i'm a gemini O.o i'm in no way one either
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 6:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• mommy of two...something about the earth and the sun changing...hold on...i'll C&P...

"Astronomer Parke Kunkle says that due to changes in the Earth's alignment the dates of many zodiac signs have changed, according to NBC. In addition, there may be a 13th Zodiac sign: Ophiuchus.

Kunkle says that as the Earth and Sun slowly move the signs gradually change, as expected.

The change didn't happen over night either. The 12 signs were designated to different periods of the year almost 3,000 years ago, when astrology began, and since then the Earth's position in relation to the sun has changed.

While the sign many people were born under may now be different, it shouldn't affect horoscope readings, according to NBC."
    armywife43

Comment by armywife43 (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• worriedmommy

There is no need to be nasty. Just because YOU don't believe in them doesn't mean you should beat down the one's that do.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I do believe it them a bit, so this is a perplexing state of events. Mine is off by a little so it's interesting. I'm now a Libra. I'm wondering if this will actually stick?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2011