• In the Spotlight:

help with GAINING weight

Before I had my first son I was at a healthy weight . I am 5 foot 2. I was 115. After having him I droped to 95 pounds! Then I just had another baby just 3 months ago. Now I am 92 freaking pounds. Someone help me!!!

RyansMommy7507

Asked by RyansMommy7507 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Health

• .......eat!
    Anonymous

• No fair!
    I mean, hey, I don't want to be 92 lbs, but I WOULD like to be back to the 117 I was after my first child.....now with 3 kids total, I weigh 209 lbs!!!!
    *sobbing*
    Anonymous

• eat baked goods and lots of carbs and starches.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 7:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• food high in carbs & fat.

exercise such as weight lifting (you want to build muscle not tone what you have, muscle weighs more than fat that's why you will weigh more)

do the opposite of weight loss tricks - to lose weight you eat lots of small meals. so eat 1 or 2 large meals a day.
    to lose weight you don't eat right before bed so try eating right before you go to bed.
    Anonymous

• I just do not understand it I am always eating, junk food and eating right before bed and i eat bacon almost every other day.
    RyansMommy7507

Answer by RyansMommy7507 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Just because you want to gain weight doesn't mean you should eat crappy foods. Try to eat a healthy diet, just increase the amount of foor you're eating. Also, try strength training. My sister had the same problem(she was 5'4" and 95lbs!) She started eating more AND working out with weights and now she's up to 105lbs(which for her is a big deal). Just because you're skinny doesn't mean you're healthy, so don't start eating badly just to gain weight. If you eat right(just more) and exercise, it'll happen eventually. Good luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 8:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I was 5'4 and 109 when I got pregnant and somehow (thankfully!) gained 50 pounds. Ten weeks later, I'm down to 125, and I want to STAY THAT WAY! I've been trying to eat larger portions and so far have been able to maintain this weight...it's stayed for a couple of weeks, anyway.

You might want to talk to your doctor, though, as you are pretty small...there may be a medical reason for it.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I just started a inch-weight loss program. It works wonders in which the person loses only extra fats and builds up your muscles. There is a testimonial of a guy that used this natural program to try it out. He ended up losing 5 inches in his tummy and gained 2 pounds in his weight. (He wasn't fat nor skinny).
    MiryamSchechter

Answer by MiryamSchechter at 1:57 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I seen your pictures and you don't look like you're wasting away you look good so I wouldn't be too paranoid. just make sure you eat plenty. by the way your son's mohawk is super cute! my husband had one for the longest time but he had to get rid of it for a better job.
    punkrockmom153

Answer by punkrockmom153 at 12:28 AM on Feb. 1, 2009