How can I use Gimp on a small screen laptop??

I have Gimp 2.6.I'm trying to make siggies.The problem is I can't see te bootom of the screen where the long rectangle box is(fonts,colors,brushes,etc..).the toolbox at the bottom of my screen blocking it.How can I use Gimp and the toolbox blocking everything?How can I minimize it?There' no minimize icon on Gimp 2.6 that I've seen?Should I try another program for siggies?Need help

alisha34886

Asked by alisha34886 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Technology

• I tried gimp before and didn't care for it, I use Photoscape & picasa 3.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I really don't know I hate using our laptop for anything. try asking here though

Gimp.....Let's get Gimping

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 9:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I have a Samsung 14" laptop with Windows 7 and I have no problem using GIMP. The problem is that it is not the easiest program to learn and I had to have my 12 y/o show me what "layers" were. But after a few lessonswith her and I can passably use it..
    Wild4toys2

Answer by Wild4toys2 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• What is your OS? I know with Windows 7 you can work full screen by hitting F11. But in Gimp, you should be able to move all the boxes around and resize them except for the main "Toolbox". All other boxes can be closed and reopened from the main edit platform: Windows>Dockable Dialogs. What I don't understand is why and how the "Toolbox" got to the bottom of the screen. You can resize it, move it around and even move it almost totally off screen.

Gimp is perfectly fine for siggys and photos edits. It has a much larger workspace than other programs when adjusted.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:54 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Have you played with the Navigation dialog yet? It's like a modified zoom but it gives you a thumbnail view of the edit window.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:07 AM on Jan. 15, 2011