Have you heard something about plastic bottles being dangerous?

I just bought the Dr.brown bottles, plastic, and I heard I shouldnt use them. Do you know anything about the chemical that could be in them and do you think they are safe?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its called BPA.. most bottle manufactures are making all their bottles with out it now.. google it.. you will get plenty of info there
    jaxonsmmy

Answer by jaxonsmmy at 7:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• THE CHEMICAL IS CALLED BPA OR BPH IM NOT 100% THINKS IT BPA. IT CAUSES CANCER IN LATER YEARS. IF IS DOESNT SAY BPA FREE THENYO MIGHT WANT TO CHECK WITHTHE MANUFACTURER. I BELIEVE THAT BOILING THEM IS WHAT REALSES THE CHEMICAL.
    hunters_mom820

Answer by hunters_mom820 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• as long as u dont microwave them i think its fine. they make glass bottles in the dr. brown brand i think... and they make playtex drop ins where u have the little plastic drop ins a new one every time so its safe every time but u can never use those in the microwave. just warm the water in a mug or cup, pour it into the bottle and mix with formula
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2008