"Tell me how you really feel"!! adult content

This ? is for mature women only!! Everyone deserves the right to say what they want to say. So do it! Tell me one thing that bothers you about other mothers. Im not talking about bashing but what really bothers you as a mother about other mothers. Im talking your sister, mother, friend, cousin..whatever. What do you wish you could say to her/them that you know you cant because you dont want to start conflict?

This is all in fun and to get out hidden frustrations. Please respect others opinions! Thanks! =)

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Ones that go out and party and leave their parent to raise their kids. Watch your own kids like the rest of us and GROW up.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 6:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I'm really disturbed by a family member who refuses to get a job and take responsibility for caring for her own kids instead of having her mom and the government doing it. She's 22 and would rather go out every night than get a job.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• When another mom tells me how to raise my children. Tells me what I'm doing wrong and how her ways are right. They are my kids and I will raise them how ever I want.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• OH! That BFing thing made me think of one. I QUIT a group because they looked DOWN on me for having to have a c-section...would it have been better if I left my kid in there to die..UGH
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 7:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I don't like spoiled kids and I don't like ill mannered or kids with poor hygiene. It's up to parents to help their kids with this and so often, I find they aren't doing their job....
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Mothers who expect to send their kids to preschool and they will teach them everything...without having spent any time teaching them themselves. And it goes for all schooling. You cant expect to send your child to school and they will do everything. Its up to you to follow through at home...
    And mothers who think having a c-section makes you less of a mom. I had an elective c-section. There were no complications for baby or me. As long as the baby comes out fine, who cares? I knew that I was not going to have a baby vaginally early on in my pregnancy, for personal reasons not medical ones. And my child is healthy and smart, just came out of an insicion rather than ripping my vag. Not for me. But I also don't look down on others who chose to go naturally or vaginally. It's great, but not for me.
    And i only BF for 7 weeks because I wasn't making enough and baby wasn't gaining weight, and neither of us were happy with it.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I'm with everybody on the BF issue as well as "natural" (no epidural, non C section) childbirth, and all the other things holier than thou mothers lord over other moms. I did BF & more than once, some woman came up and congratulated me on BFing. Please!! It worked for me & my son, but I had bottles and formula ready if it hadn't.

I also cannot stand parents who can't or won't admit that their kids can be mean or dishonest or sneaky.

Oh, and last I will never understand moms who don't hug & kiss their little boys because they want them to be little men. They aren't - they're little boys!! Thanks for the vent!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 7:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Exactly what I was going to say Steph. I think the one that were voted down are good ones.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• So someone downvoted me. So you think she should be able to just go get drunk everyday and live off welfare??? OK.........

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I'll bite
    My sister really ticks me off. She's never been much of a mother, often forgetting to feed her kids because "they didn't tell me they were hungry". Or she would leave them in the same clothes--day and night for days at a time. Now, those kids are teenagers and she pretty much lets them do whatever. She left her ass of an husband (I kicked him out of their house after being sick and tired of being called to her rescue when he abused her) and now she is remarried. She goes out all the time with her new hubby leaving her kids at home. Her kids are miserable and try to talk to her. She says she put up with her ex for 14 years and now it is HER time. I said to her "your kids are still young, it's not YOUR time until your kids are raised." The kids are in therapy (that took me over a year to convince her to do) because of growing up with a father that abused their mother and even the therapist told her she (cont)
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2011