Preeclamsic moms?

So, i went to the doctor today. And they found protein in my urine.. I also have had chronic hypertension. I go in on Monday. Any idea on what i should do, or what's going to happen?
Moms, help! ):

sbushman13011

Asked by sbushman13011 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had preeclamsia with my oldest child. The ended up inducing me because they didn't want to wait. I went in on a Monday and they induced me that Wednesday. I think the best thing to do is rest and relax for the next few days. To be honest with you I can't really remember what I did when they told me I had it, I just remember taking it easy and then being induced.

It really wasn't that bad being induced either, although everyone is different.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Pre-eclampsia - I've had it twice. Once was so bad I was on bed rest. It can vary between just needed to rest to being hospitalized. I suggest reading up about it online. The risks can get higher and they might need to induce you. The only cure is delivery on your baby.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 7:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I had it with this last baby, but to be honest I don't think I had it to bad because the only thing that changed from the other two deliveries was that they put me on a Mag IV. That said we only discovered it the morning of my induction...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Depends on how far along you are. I was 38.5 weeks when when my BP went up., I was put on Butt rest lol. That was annoying even for just a couple of days. They they wanted me to lay on my left side, which wasn't really possible because that was the side my daughter was on. Finally at 39 weeks a NP took pitty on me and schedualed an induction the next day, she didn't want me going the weekend pregnant. I was already at 3 CM.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 7:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Im almost 38 weeks i will be on Sunday. I was already to be scheduled for an induction on the 24th. If i ever start to dilate. This past monday they checked me and i was completely shut. Hopefully on Monday when they check again, i'll be scheduled !
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• @ Zak - Yeah I was only about halfway into each pregnancy. The first one I made it to 40 weeks, and the second I made it to 40 weeks. It never got so life threatening that I had to have an emergency c-section thank god.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 7:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I would have KILLED someone if they made me wait 40 weeks lol. Infact when I went in and my BP was high, I was doing the happy dance. I was sooo DONE being preggers lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 7:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I always try to coax my NP into talking the doctor into inducing me. Being that im showing NO sign whatsoever of going into labor. Not even braxton contractions!
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I was a loose 3cm the day before induction and when I got to the hospital I was 4cm...they only had to break my water and even then I was 6cm before I was in any real pain
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 7:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I didn't want to be induced. As long as it wasn't harming the baby, I wanted to avoid that. Unfortunately, I've given birth three times and all three times I had to be induced. =/ My body has just never progressed into natural active labor.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 7:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2011