is labor around the corner?

I am 37 weeks and 2 days and for two days I have been having the feeling that my period is goiing to start. They aren't contractions (I don't think) but its like that constant achey period cramp and the small of my back has been hurting. The cramping actually made it difficult to get comfortable and stay asleep last night. I do get braxton hicks (at least I think that's what they are) all of a sudden it feels like someone is slowing my air supply and my tummy gets tight. Im just wondering if this could be early labor or a sign that labor is coming?? Thanks in advance! ;)

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 7:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it could be a sign that you're dilating. don't get too excited, i get those often too. and i'm not dialating at all ):
    sbushman13011

Answer by sbushman13011 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Woohoo. Sounds like your body is getting ready.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 7:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• No it just sounds like he end of pregnancy, As for those pains they are probably braxon hicks. But keep an eye on them, if they start to become consistent and 5 minutes apart, get your potty to L&D.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• *botty
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Sounds to me like labor is definitely started if you cant sleep at night because of the pain. Remember just because your 37 weeks it doesn't mean that your not gonna have baby anytime because I had one at 38 two at 36wks 6 days and the last one at 39 wks.Your at the end girl and you can go at anytime.Its not your period its contractions ! Not braxton Hicks Contractions.If they start getting 3 minutes apart lasting a minute go straight to the hospital.If you pee on yourself but didn't pee then your water has broken so leave.Good luck!!
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 7:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Sounds like what happened to me when i went into labor .. (not active labor..active is after u've dialted 4 cm)..but it was def. the beginning..I was feeling really crampy and uncomfortable..my labor progressed slowly..and around midnight i believe i finally hit 4cm and was in full active labor..I was 39.5 weeks..Good luck and just monitor urself

if they go away or dont get stronger ur probaly just having braxton hicks..but if they start to get worse..Go to the hospital!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 7:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2011