am i being too sensitive/impatient?

I have been with my bf for almost 6 months. He is pretty quiet and very laid back. But I don't feel like he is there for me the way he should be. When we're together its great and everything is fine. He is very affectionate and attentive and I feel like he's into me. But other than that he doesn't call or a lot of times doesn't respond to my texts. Then I feel like he's not into me. We don't live together. Am I just trippin or what?

iluvmybabe

Asked by iluvmybabe at 7:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Girl u ain't trippin...you just have to figure out if this is something you could live with. If not, it's time to move on. If so, enjoy your relationship.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I think you are expecting him to behave in a way that he doesn't even know about. He is probably behaving in a way with which he is very comfortable and since he doesn't know of your expectations, he probably never gives them a thought and he is probably as content as he can be. The only way to know whether he is interested in meeting your expectations is to tell him exactly what they are. Then he gets to decide whether he wants to try to meet them or not. The way it is now, he can't be expected to do the things that say to you he is "into you" because he doesn't know what the heck those things are.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• It's only been six months. You are looking for this huge commitment, and it sounds like he's just not ready for that yet.
    Anonymous

• Have u told him how u feel or ask y he doesn't call/text?
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 7:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I think you should follow your gut instincts on this one. You aren't trippin. Either he is slow to commit or isn't going to really commit to the level you would like him to.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Sorry, I think you're trippin and rushing things
    Anonymous