Would I feel a gush if my water broke?

b_stotka

Asked by b_stotka at 7:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• not neccessarily..everyones different..mine kinda felt like an air bubble in my vagina..and then a stream of water down my leg lol.I thought I peed cuz i was at 5cm and was getting up to go pee!!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 7:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My water broke while I was asleep. My sons head was so low that it acted like a plug. I didn't even know it broke until the next day when I went to the hospital for my induction. Imagine my surprise when the doc came in and told me my water broke. LOL!
    Joelygirl

Answer by Joelygirl at 9:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Sometimes you do and sometimes it just trickles.........
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• not always... all three of mine were trickles that just didnt stop.

the nurse didnt believe me and tested me... yep... I told her it was my water breaking.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• When my water broke in Public while grocery shopping, it felt like "wetness" coming out with every step. I know that sounds awful haha. Then it went away.. But a few moments later, it came back and I almost felt like I was trickling pee! I rushed to the bathroom and my undies had a ton of mucous (from the plug that closes your cervix during pregnancy).. The trickle was never more than a slight trickle.
    Everyone is different!
    101InfantryWife

Answer by 101InfantryWife at 7:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Mine just ran straight down my shorts every time and its more like you peed but weren't trying.Are you in labor right now haow many weeks are you or whoever your asking about? are these symptoms or just questions?
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 7:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I had a few trickes and I thought it was discharge and then 10 min later it gushed everywhere!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 7:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I was dozing in bed when in my sleep I felt a little 'pop'. I jumped up and raced to the toilet and get there just in time for the 'gush' which it was. My water broke at 8:30am but I didn't go into labor until 1am that night, so it just continued to trickle until I finally gave birth at 2:30pm the next day. Good luck.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 7:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• not always. My first was just a trickle.
    rgimberg

Answer by rgimberg at 8:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Mine was a trickle.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2011