What is your definition of cheating? adult content

In a relationship, many have different ideas of what cheating entails. Now-a-days there is emotional cheating, physical cheating, mental cheating, blah blah blah. What do you think? Do you set the boundaries at the start of a relationship? Is "cyber-sex" cheating? Sexting? Phone sex? Kissing closed mouth? Open-mouth? Just having a friend whom you wish you could be with, talk to all the time, but have never done anything physical with?

What's your definition and does your partner know?

mrskrisher

Asked by mrskrisher at 7:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• To me, cheating is being deceptive with no regard to consequences. Untrustworthy. My fiance knows the deal.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• if you feel the need to hide it then its cheating in my opinion...my husband agrees with me...
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Anything that you wouldn't openly do in front of your partner, and that you should only be doing with your partner, I would probably view as cheating.

tsk tsk

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 8:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• If you would not do it with your spouse watching it is cheating.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 7:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Anything that involves me being uncomfortable and yes dh knows what all that is
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• whatever attempts to decieve or mislead me treating me stupid.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I dont believe that a married man, or one in a commited relationship should be have an physical or emotional connections with any other woman. My husband knows our boundaries! He rarely even talks to other women, and I rarely talk to other men.
    Supermama323

Answer by Supermama323 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• DH and I have defined rules as to what is cheating in our relationship. We hang out with people of the opposite sex, I even spend the night at a guy friend's house (who I have slept with), we talk online to people of the opposite sex. We are both flirtatious people, and flirt with just about everyone. But we don't have any trust issues, so we're good.

In our relationship, cheating includes kissing (more than a friendly peck), doing anything sexual with someone else, creating an emotional (even if not sexual) relationship with someone else. It is hard to define our rules, because they're different than a lot of other people's. But we know exactly what they are, and we have no problems.
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 3:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Anything you wouldn't tell the other about comfortably
    RyleighsMoM3505

Answer by RyleighsMoM3505 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Anything you would not do in front of the other, or want the other to know about. Anything that leads you to fantasize orlust after someone else. At least that is what it means in our Marriage. Sexting, Phone sex etc are fine...as long as it is with my DH and vice versa. Things like Porn and strips clubs we do consider a form of cheating though.
    Every relationship is different though, so I can't really say what it should be in anyone else's marriage.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 8:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2011