What can I do to this girl? ( 7 yrs. old)

OMG My dd is driving me coo coo we are here studying her words for Friday's test and just bc she can't spell correctly she is crying and being a real drama queen I can't handle this... We studied earlier in the week and she did fine I don't get it she is fed she might be getting tired but I let her play earlier and warned her that we were going to study later and now she is giving me this headache HELP!!!! She even took a break she went to go take a shower then she got back to it.
Thanks Ladies! .....UGH!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I dont know how many words she has but try mastering a few words a night. My mom and I always recited them out loud till I got them. Some kids have more trouble with them. Tell her there is not need to get upset, tell her you forget how to spell things sometimes. If she see's that you are getting upset she probably is feeding off of that also because she wants to make you happy.
    Supermama323

Answer by Supermama323 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Some girls start PMSing at that age, maybe that's it.. GL!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 7:51 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• When my son didn't want to study spelling words, I used to have him copy them out 3x each and then quiz him on them. Or work with her to write a silly story using her spelling words.

Love those dramatic, tear-filled homework evenings!! Aghhh! I feel your pain :(
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• At that age I had to write my words 10x each every night and then we did a verbal quiz Thursday nights before bed. This actually seemed to be quite efficient b/c I don't ever remember anything less than a 96 on a spelling test ever.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2011