Should I be in more of a rush to do these things?

I'm 36 weeks today. We have the car seat but haven't installed it yet. We don't have the crib or changing table yet because were waiting for my SO's debit card which will take about a week to get here. We still need a lot of necessities for the baby. And I haven't packed my hospital bag yet either. Should I be worried that we won't be ready in time??

Kelli1012

Asked by Kelli1012 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't waste money on the changing table. As for the crib...if you have a bassinet, it will work for about 4 months. I would pack you bag...there really isn't that much that needs to go in it.
    don't worry about the rest...it will come and most of what you think is a necessity, will really be unneeded.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I would try to get whatever necessities you're needing, you could go at anytime and you don't want to have to worry about those things after you have the baby. GL
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I am 36 weeks today too :)

We have the changing table, crib, all cloths washed and put away...a stack of diapers/ wipes...I have the car seat in the front hallway....planning on putting it in Sat. I feel very prepared...but I had my first two babies at 37 weeks :)

To be honest....you dont HAVE to do any of those things....all you really MUST have are diapers/wipes.....and a car seat bought....a few cloths...everything else can come in time.

But I like to be VERY prepared ....lol.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Its best to be prepared then you won't be stressing out at the last minute about not being ready.
    AthenasMommy88

Answer by AthenasMommy88 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• trust me no matter what you have ready nothing is going to prepared you for those first 2 weeks of life. but have the hospital bag ready
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I had a changing table but rarely used it so I wouldn't rush on that - same thing with the crib, my children slept in bassinets for several months after they were born (my 2nd daughter was stubborn and refused to sleep anywhere but in her bouncy seat for what seemed like forever and had to make the transition to the crib by putting the bouncy seat in the crib for a while). I didn't install the carseat until the day my kids were born. I never really packed a bag either, I made a list and when it was time to go to the hospital I packed it then but then again I also had planned c-sections but my sister did the same thing, she made a list and while she was in the hospital waiting for her son to be born our mom went to her house and packed the things on my sister's list. The only thing I wouldn't put off is making sure you have diapers, wipes, blankets, and clothes since you already have the carseat.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 8:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Get the cars eat installed. As long as your baby has a safe place to sleep, the crib doesn't matter either. You can change the baby anywhere. Hospital bag doesn't require as much as you think. But the car seat is important. They won't let you leave the hospital without it.
    Anonymous

• No I mean you are most likely going to spend the night at the hospital anyway. Car seats can be installed in minutes and it's NOT something you'll need immediately. They aren't going to deliver the baby and kick ya out.KWIM?? Wouldn't waste money on a changing table and there's no rush on a crib if you co-sleep for a few nights. I had a hospital bag packed and even that was a waste. I didn't use most of it. Pack what you would need if you were sleeping over at someone's house and maybe less.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:54 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Define necessities. The hospital sends you home with a few diapers and some formula samples. Granted baby will need some clothes to wear and a seat for the ride home, which you have, but really what else do you need ahead of time?? A pack of diapers and some wipes or a washcloth. Everything else can wait.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't bother with a crib at all~~ That and the changing table are extraneous.

What do you "need" for baby?
    You have blankets, clothes? You?
    Baby doesn't need much.
    (Even diapers are optional.)

If you are planning to birth outside of home then packing is a good idea. (Ovenight gear: clothes, toiletries, swimsuit, lots of food and drinks.)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2011