Do you think this is good thing or do you think it's some kind of scam?

So this website, funnix.com, is giving away a 2 year children's reading program normally priced at $249.

Do you think it's really a reading program or could it be a virus or a scam to get your info?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in

• This may sound rude but not meant to. If you think it may be a virus I am sure not going to click it.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 7:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• No worries, zebbiebug. I can understand that. : )

Once you go to the website and click the link to sign up for the free program, you have to give your name, address, phone number, email, etc. And then I'm guessing after that you download the program. It just seems like there are so many fake things out there nowadays that I'm leery of free stuff like this. lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't risk it if it were me.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• In there words of my father "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!" Hope it isn't though :)
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I would not do it.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 8:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I have never heard of it but I would make sure and research it, check it out thouroughly because you definitely don't want to get a virus or anything...
    AthenasMommy88

Answer by AthenasMommy88 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Hi Ladies. The giveaway for Funnix is indeed real. Here's a link to a press release that went out last evening: http://www.benzinga.com/press-releases/11/01/p779279/funnix-wants-to-teach-your-child-to-read-%E2%80%94-for-free
    I work in the same building as the Funnix folks. They are friends of mine and are legit. I am using Funnix to teach my kids (ages 3 & 5) to read. My 5 yr old is on lesson 112 and is reading really well. My 3 yr old just started over Christmas break and is also doing well. I'd be happy to answer any additional questions about the program just let me know. Thanks!
    crocomama

Answer by crocomama at 10:14 AM on Jan. 14, 2011