• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone know of any stay at home jobs?

I have been a professional sales representative for Verizon for years, but now I am going to be at home. I am about 4 1/2 months pregnant. Does anybody know of any stay at home jobs? So many of them are scams now :-/

Thank You!

jnikebb

Asked by jnikebb at 8:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• watching children at your home
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I dont know what kind of education you have, but tutor.com is extremely flexible and pays relatively well for staying at home and working whenever you want.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 8:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• angevil.. true that.. lol I have seen this site that tries to weed out the scams and post legit jobs. www.ratracerebellion.com
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• You could sell stuff on ebay, sell Avon, sell thirty-one, make stuff for a craft fair, babysit.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities. You can check out my Blog if you'd like:  Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I can't believe I'm already getting some answers!! Thank you so much ladies! =)
    jnikebb

Comment by jnikebb (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• You would get a lot of really fabulous answers here but SOMEONE, has decided they are going to try to report everyone, rather than let you see for yourself.
    Just mind the fact that none and I do mean NONE of the JOBS will match what you undoubtedly were making at your current Sales Job with Verizon. The best option is going to be a home based business of a variety.
    I have done the inhouse childcare, and many of hte other's the job that are available from home, pay very poorly.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Congrats on the baby!! :o)

I am a stay at home mom to my 3 year old son. I joined Internet CEO Moms a while ago and I have to say it's the most positive experience! I work with an amazing group of moms who are very dedicated in helping other moms work from home and becoming financially independent. The training is free and the support is unlimited!! No selling, parties, inventory and most importantly, no risk! It is a very fun and flexible business and I love the fact that I can work when I want and most importantly, be there with my son through all his milestones.

We have been helping moms achieve financial and personal goals since 1999 and we are the largest group of moms working from home on the internet!

Check out my website http://www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com/.

I would love to talk to you and give you more info so you can do the same!!

~Alyssa M
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 10:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Congrats on your baby! yay! I'm a mom of 2 and have been a sahm for 6 yrs. I have my own business as a Senior Demonstrator w/ Gold Canyon Candles and love it! Msg me if you would like to hear more about this amazing company and opportunity!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2011