What can I do to get my little girl to sleep at night?

How can I get my daughter to go to sleep. I am tired at night but then she wants to get up and play...

AthenasMommy88

Asked by AthenasMommy88 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is she? Normally it's just repitition and keep trying. She'll evenutally get the hang of it. Good luck.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:14 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I always found it worked best for us to get into a sleep time routine that was always the same. Bath, diaper change, swaddling, lights out, drapes pulled, soft music on or singing, cuddling/rocking/swaying. When the baby got drowsy he was laid down. If done in the same manner, all the time, the baby picks up on the cues and knows it's time for sleeping. The lady I do childcare for has also asked me to follow a set routine with her baby. If the baby cries at all it isn't for long. And I don't mean screaming her lungs out, but minor fussing. This is what worked for us. Our kids were good sleepers and happy babies.  GL!!

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Try giving her a warm bath right before bed time and then rubbing her down with some soothing lotion. Also playing very soft music and rocking or dancing very gently will help put her to sleep.
    Linda702

Answer by Linda702 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2011