Jumping in a little deeper!

Into the boyscouts! I have a second grader that has been in the scouts for 2 years now and we hare having a great experience and have made a lot of friends...went to the committee meeting and we talked about how many of the leaders are steping down in the net two years since their sons are crossing over....the committee chair told me tonight she would like me to step up as her successor! I am honored but a bit nervous...she is going to let me shadow her this year... any advice out there? anyone do this position or others and have advice??

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 8:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Go for it! I've been involved in my daughters' girl scouts and swim clubs for years and it's a great way to meet people and know your kids' friends.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Give it a chance. I'm sure you would be great at it. Sounds like you are already involved and enjoying participating. Take the chance!!!
    sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 8:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Just do it if you have the time. My friend was very involved in boyscouts for years and loved it . She met so many people, but she sometimes took it too seriously and her feelings got hurt. Just remember everyone is not going to like all your ideas and don't take it personally.
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 7:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2011