What method do you use to pull your kids' loose teeth?

My DS usually needed some kind of distraction, but my DD would just reach in and yank hers out herself. :-)

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 8:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I don't pull them....They come out when they come out. My son is more agressive in getting them out than my daughter.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i let them wrestle. within 5 minutes its out! lol

JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 8:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• You pull your kids' teeth? That is SICK. Loose teeth come out on their own, or if they are hanging by thread and present a choking hazard, then the kid can usually wiggle it around a few times until it comes out.
    Anonymous

• I can't pull my kids theeth. It grosses me out. I let him keep working on it till he gets it out. I report back to the thooth fairy.
    sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 8:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We didn't pull them out! they wiggled them and they just came out all by themselves. I really don't see that there is a good reason to PULL them out!!! Yikes!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My sister is 13 years younger than me... When she started losing teeth, she would let them stay until they were dangling by a little thread. I would take some paper towel as a gripper and run up behind her and steal the tooth. I also came ready with a sucker when it was all said and done so she wouldn't be too upset. Always worked great.
    AmberMoffat

Answer by AmberMoffat at 10:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My husband.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 8:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• No, they don't always just come out.

My son had one premolar that he wouldn't let us pull, and was reluctant to pull himself. After a couple of months, the new tooth erupted above it. The old/baby tooth lost its looseness and crowded the two beside it and the new one. We wound up having to have the dentist numb the area and pull it. He needed braces anyway, but this 'situation' was part of the correction that the braces had to address.
    ss_mom

Comment by ss_mom (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My son will usually tell me to pull his tooth when it's starting to bug him. At that time it's time to come out. I usually get the tissue between my fingers and his tooth and give it a little pull. It comes right out.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 8:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Well. yes. SS Mom, of course f there is a complicated arrangement of teeth, the Dentist would pull the baby tooth.
    We thought you meant usual,average,everyday loose baby teeth. I mean.....give me a break.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2011