Making baby food....

Here in about a month, when my dd starts solids, I want to make her baby food. I've been looking at books on amazon, nut can't make my mind up on which one to get. I want to find one that has good, easy recipes and also offers the correct information on when to introduce foods and what not. Any suggestions? And for any of you who do make your own baby food, is it extremely time consuming? After frozen, does it thaw out okay and to the right consistency?

kynziesmom

Asked by kynziesmom at 7:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I actually have been considering making baby food too I can't really answer much but I did find a website that would be helpful.

www.wholesomebabyfood.com
    Anonymous

• My daughter just turned 5 months. I buy organic vegetables and fruits anyway for all of our meals. Whatever vegetable we are having that night, I just pop some in my food processor for her. Just make sure its not seasoned at all. I steam my veggies mostly, so after I steam it I grind it up for her. Sometimes I'll pour a teensy bit of her milk in it if its too thick,but it usually isn't. I've never even seen a book on making baby food. I like things simple. Sometimes I'll mix a fruit with a veggie, or two veggies. Its whatever. And as far as freezing I have no idea. I never do it. I'd rather it be fresh. The only pain is cleaning the food processor every night, its huge! lol. I am thinking of buying one of those small coffee grinders and seeing if that works just as well. Good luck!
    And hey, your baby's bday is the day after mine was born!
    JaneEyre6279

Answer by JaneEyre6279 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It is time consuming but SOO worth it. How it thaws depends on what you are freezing. I suggest you go to B Dalton book store or one like it and you will be able to look through the books on this subject and really see what your after before you buy it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2008