Do your kids like to roller skate?

Roller Skates seem to be a thing of the past in my area. I recently took my kids skating and they loved it but I can't get them to go very often. What do your kids think of roller skating rings?

sheer_heart

Asked by sheer_heart at 9:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think that today's society is too into technology, so this isn't interesting enough for them. I LOVED it growing up too, but I didn't have an iPod, gaming consoles or any of that stuff.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My kids liked roller skating. However, many kids at the park really like skate boards. I saw more boys there that enjoyed being on a skate board which I think is just as difficult to master as skating since both require you to be able to balance yourself while in motion and be able to stop.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My daughter just had her 4th bday party at a roller skating rink, but I'm expecting when she gets to be a tween she may not think it's cool either :)
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Believe it or not, roller-skating is having a resurgence in my son's high school. A lot of the middle and high school kids are going skating on Friday and Saturday nights at an old-fashioned skating rink. The all seem to be having fun and haven't gotten into trouble yet.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My girls love to skate :) My three year old recently went skating for the first time and he loved it as well!
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 9:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Mine went only a couple times and he is 14. Ours is now closed in our area. That was a favorite thing for me to do growing up!
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 11:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I grew up going and loved it and some of my daughter's friends have had parties at the rink it's only five mins from my house and in fact our local cub scouts are sponsering a party there on Monday.
    musicloverDebs

Answer by musicloverDebs at 2:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• They like to do it when it is a school or scout outing but not just by themselves.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 4:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2011