advice on a napping schdule for my 7 month old

This is my second baby, and you would think I would remember what I did with my first, but everything is so different this time around! Most of my attention and effort is spent behind my toddler - so getting my baby on a schedule was not a priority, and now it seems impossible. I finally have her settled on a 10am nap, but need to get her to nap in the afternoon as well. What time should I put her down and for how many days should I use the cio method before she self soothes? Bedtime is 7pm and she wakes anytime between 6 - 7am. Thanks for your help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't use the cio method, but for a 7pm bedtime a nap around 2 or 3 works well for my dd.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Sometime between 3 is when my 10 month old takes her afternoon nap. But she goes to bed at 8. If you use CIO, you're just going to have to slow her into it. Let her cry for a few minutes the first time, then soothe her, let her cry some more, soothe her, etc (maybe the first time about 5 minutes, second time maybe 8 minutes, third time 12 minutes, etc)
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2011