How many times a week do you bathe your 4-5 year olds?

Just curious as to how often your kids get a bath? :)

momstepmom1471

Asked by momstepmom1471 at 7:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• Ha.... at least 7. He gets himself dirty every single day.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 7:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• In the summer it's like everyday, but in the winter it's more like every other.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I wipe down there face neck and hands with a wet soapy rag everyday and they get a full hair washing body slathering bath every other day
    one_white_rose

Answer by one_white_rose at 7:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• We don't have a nightly routine. I would guess every other day is what it works out to - but I do baths after dinner, or middle of the day if they got particularly covered.. some times we do a bath just because he likes to bathe. I don't worry about him being clean - if I did it would be 2-3 baths a day.. haha. We do lots of hand washing and face wiping in between baths.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 7:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Well my son is only three and he gets a bath about every other day. He goes to pre-school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so he gets a bath on Monday's and Wednesdays. Other than that unless he gets really dirty (that I can't just wipe down with a warm soapy cloth) thats when he gets a bath. Now when he gets older and more active they will be every day to teach good habits.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 8:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Was once a week, but it's up to 2 times now. She has really dry skin and doesn't get really dirty anyway. Face and hands and feet get washed once to many times a day. haha
    kristinas8

Answer by kristinas8 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• In the summer we have to bathe every night and occasional a quick wash in the afternoon. We get dirty playing outside! And in the winter we rarely bathe more than every other night because the air is so dry and and we don't get nearly as dirtly playing inside. On really cold days we won't bathe them so that they don't get the chills. Our house is nearly a 100 years old and has bare floors.
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 8:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• How often do you shower or bath? I bathed my kids everyday when they were little, and they needed it. Espically the boy. Why is it boys heads get sweaty and stink? LOL
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• 4 to 5
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Wow, I bath my kids every day. They may not get their hair washed every day but they get soapy and clean every day. I just can't see it any other way. Plus, they like baths.
    katyameliasmom

Answer by katyameliasmom at 9:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2008