Laxatives

Have you ever heard of people using laxatives to loose weight? Why would that seem like a good idea?

LadybugTash

Asked by LadybugTash at 9:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I did it way back when. The thing is, your body gets resistant to them and you have to take more and more. Then you can't go without them. I got severe stomach cramps. It's a bad way to diet.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Its not a good idea. You lose a lot of electrolytes and what not that way. I would never want to do that on a daily basis voluntarily.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:56 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I have heardm of this before and I don't think it is a good idea.I also believe that it can be addicting no matter how disgusting it might be.
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yes, and I have with a product called Ballerina tea. I did it because I exercise and eat healthy watch my portions and I am not losing anything. I am a very healthy person I work with my Dr actively with my weight and she is happy with how healthy I am and has explained to me that some people struggle with weight but it doesn't mean they are unhealthy. I got desperate and tried it for a couple of months and finally realized it wasn't worth the hell it was putting me through. But I did lose 12 pounds because of it and I have kept those pounds off since stopping the tea. Sometimes I am tempted to try it again just to get rid of the last 10 pounds but the memory of what it did, completely not worth it. The stomach pain, the constant fighting with dehydration... yeah... learned my lesson. But you can't blame a person when they are busting their @$$ off and it's just not doing it for them to try another rout.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 9:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• It's actually a form of bulimia.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yeah no thanks!!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I've heard of it before. My husband said a few of his fellow teammates on the football team in high school did it.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:55 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• yes. i had a freind in college that did it. it eventually made her sick and her doctor told her if she continued to do she'll never poop normal again in her life b/c it can irreversable effects. she stopped.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:55 AM on Jan. 14, 2011