Sore throat

My throat has been hurting for a couple weeks now. It will move from one side to another. I just thought it was my sinuses draining and irritating it. I look at it with a flashlight, and tonight I had my 14 yr old son look too. He said, "mom you need to pop that yellow thing in the back of your throat". I said what! I looked and saw it, it's like a knot, and it's yellow. Should I call the Dr in the morning?
I hate going to the Dr. Maybe it will just go away.. What do ya'll think?

Thanks for your help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Health

• you def. need antibiotics! Call the doctor in the morning, don't eat anything that will irritate your throat, stick to soft foods, applesauce, yogurts, popsicles, ice creams (mmmm) stuff like that. Gargling with salt&water will also help with the irritation

hope you feel better soon! & be careful because there is a yucky flu going around.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Sounds like strep to me...it needs antibiotics. Call Dr and get to feeling better!

Good Luck
    swtlilwamom

Answer by swtlilwamom at 9:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Wow.. I should have went when it first started to hurt. Now I feel like an idiot! I will for sure call my Dr in the AM.. Thank you Ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• a yellow thing in your throat wont go away. get up and go to the dr
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 11:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Call the doctor. It's pretty obvious.
    KenKie

Answer by KenKie at 12:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011