Circumcision care

How to properly take care of a newborns little peeper after it's been circumsized.

sbushman13011

Asked by sbushman13011 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Gauze and Vaseline...LOTS and LOTS of Vaseline! Just lube his penis up so it doesnt stick to his diaper!!
    swtlilwamom

Answer by swtlilwamom at 9:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• with my son his started to grow back. My DR told me that we need to gently pull it back a bit when we clean him to make sure it doesn't happen.
    stephgood1

Answer by stephgood1 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I second the "lots of vaseline". My friends son had his diaper stick to it. It was really bad.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• All we ever had to do was the vaseline and gauze for about a week. We were told to just put gobs on the gauze and then gently put it on before putting the diaper on. Two boys circ'd and neither had problems (one is 9 and the other is 6 months).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My son's got stuck to the gauze, I was a first time mom and my fiance' at the time wasn't there. I felt soo bad and cried and held him after I, gently as I could, removed it. It was horrid, so was the whole procedure for which I was in the room for. One of my biggest regrets in life is getting him circumcised, if we have any more boys they will be left as nature intended. My husband wanted it done so he wouldn't look different from him but now he regrets it as well. It's an unnecessary cosmetic procedure. I don't mean to be pushy I completely understand the social, family, spousal, etc, pressures. Just trying to give you some food for thought.

If you do decide to go with it, lots and lots of vaseline. I also used some neosporin to try and help ward off infection.

Congratulations on the up coming birth of your baby boy!
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2011