Question for second, third, ect......time mommies: adult content

So I am a first time mommy, My son is 11 weeks old and I am BF and FF. I had my first period at only 6 weeks pp. I am curious to see how many people out there have babies less than a year apart? I haven't had my second period yet and I am getting a little curious on wether or not I am pg again. Also if you do have kids less than a year apart... any advice? Thanks

ErinT

Asked by ErinT at 10:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Please bump me if you haven't delt with this.... I would really like to hear from expirenced mommies! Thanks!
    ErinT

Comment by ErinT (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Right after having a baby and not being on BC again always have your worried "am I, am I, am I?" Even a few months after birth, you feel these phantom kicks that drives you totally insane. But most likely though, you aren't. And if you do get pregnant right away, you won't be the 1st and I'm sure you will do well. My closest 2 kids are 17 months apart and I'm rocking it taking care of them. So will you, if need be.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I know it's not a year but our 2 youngest boys are 13 months apart to the day. Sept 5, 2002, and Oct 5, 2003.. I call them our Irish twins,lol.. Anyway, I had to stop nursing around the time our 2nd was 7 months old, he did fine. I was really nervous about having another so close but everything went well. The labor was 15 minutes long, from start to finish.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Get a helmet, because it's hard enough having kids 13 months apart like I do. I couldn't imagine them being closer.
    Then again, my boys share a very tight bond that I don't know that kids that are years apart share.
    Either way, it's got ups and downs like any other parenting experience.
    Terrible Twos though... Whew... My oldest started in at 18 months, my youngest at 20 months. My youngest is just mellowing out on it, and he'll be 3 in March. Folks who look back at their kids' bout with the Terrible Twos and scoff at how difficult it is for me didn't experience it for nearly 2 1/2 solid years like parents in shoes like mine. LOL
    But for every rough patch, there are bunches of soft patches, and it's worth every minute.

Don't know if that helped, but I figured I'd give it a shot.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My oldest 2 are 13 months apart.......my oldest was exactly 5 months when I found out. Talk about a shock! Once the new baby comes you handle things just fine, you'll adapt to a new baby just like you did to the first. Now that they're older (9 & 8) I'm glad that they were so close......looking back I can see that it made it easier raising them when they were babies.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 10:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I got preggo with baby number 2 while my 1st was only 2 months old.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 10:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My oldest two are 13 months and 3 days apart. It's actually pretty easy when they are so close in age. Just be sure to set a routine for the family so that both of the children can settle in if you are pregnant.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My girls are 9 and 10 now they are 13 months 9 days and apart its not so bad at least that one will have a youger sibling lol.lokk at in a good way not a bad way its truely a blessing
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 11:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My girls are 11 months apart. Even if your giving formula, you may not have a regular period yet, I wouldn't be worried. But, if your worried get a test.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2011