For ladies who had experienced a pregnancy loss

I had a D&C Decemeber 11th. I was almost 9 weeks pregnant with a blighted ovum, I had to have a D&C to remove the pregnancy tissue. Now almost 5 weeks later I am still showing a positive pregnancy test.

My question is how long did it take you to get your levels back to 0? I just think this it taking too long :(

mommymary6507

Asked by mommymary6507 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was 101/2 weeks and it took 2 weeks for my levels to go down. Is your dr following your levels?

If you are just testing to check is the line getting lighter at all?
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• im really sorry for your loss.. ive been through that before n it really sucks. I would think depending on how much of the hcg is in your body when you miscarry would determine just how long it takes to go back down to 0. But I have read that it is normal for it to take 5+ weeks before its down to nothing. Try not to upset yourself with the positive pregnancy tests.. Im sure thats not easy. You will feel normal again after some time! Take care girl, it will happen when the time is right :)
    blue7eyed3girl

Answer by blue7eyed3girl at 10:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• my tests have never showed a negative since Novemeber 1st, my OB did do a blood draw Friday the level was 156, got another blood draw on Monday and went down to 106. Can you even get pregnant with HCG levels still up? Hubby and I have been doing the baby dance like crazy since 4 days after the D&C! Just hoping and praying to get pregnant. I just feel this is taking too long, half of the women who had a miscarriage around the same time as me were down to 0 after 2 weeks and most are pregnant again. This just all seems like a nightmare that won't end :(
    mommymary6507

Comment by mommymary6507 (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My first loss, I was 10 weeks and it took 3 months until I was at zero. Yes, I said months! Part of the placenta did not pass until then and within days, I hit zero. It was absolute torture to be tested every week. My second, I was at 8 weeks and I was at zero around three weeks after.. If you are concerned, check with your doctor about having another ultrasound to have them make sure nothing was left behind. Or, is it possible you are pregnant again? It can happen right away. I am sorry for your loss.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I have no idea. I feel pregnant again, I really do. But My OB said my levels were going down, so I don't think it's possible? Idk. This all is so confusing :(
    mommymary6507

Comment by mommymary6507 (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Your HCG needs to drop to zero before you will O again. I would ask for another draw next monday just to be sure it keeps dropping. Taking the hpts can be very hard on your sanity when you know you are not pregnant anymore.

I am very sorry for your loss.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Your symptoms will continue while your body adjusts. Any number above 5 will give you a positive test. I joined the miscarriage/pregnancy loss group on cafemom and it helped me a lot.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i was 14 weeks and 1 day pregnant when my baby stopped growing...i was almost 17 weeks by the time i had a d&c done...exactly 1 month later i got my period and everything returned to normal it just takes time for ppls levels to drop...everyone is different but good luck mama i have been thinkin ab you!
    cjsmom375

Answer by cjsmom375 at 8:50 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I just hate this waiting. It's been 5 weeks tomorrow :(
    mommymary6507

Comment by mommymary6507 (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Jan. 14, 2011