what can I do to get labor started naturally?

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 10:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i hate it when women say just wait. seriously natural induction only works if the baby is ready so there's nothing wrong with natural induction. if it works then baby is ready. have sex and then right afterward just get up and keep moving for several hours. worked for me on the first try at 39 weeks exactly
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I've heard people say have sex but for me I feel weird about that so I just let it happen when she wanted to come. She ended up coming EXACTLY on her due date. 5:30 am the contractions started, & she was here by 10:30 that night.
    I would do like the others said & do a lot of walking & get active. Take care mama, good luck!!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• momofone725

In her answer!!! PAY ATTENTION DEAR!!
    Anonymous

• Have sex. Go for a walk.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:14 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yep what ever the Snewo said she has the right Idea how far along are you?
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 10:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• 38 weeks in a few days, but he has to come before 41 weeks because he is breech
    amberpatterson

Comment by amberpatterson (original poster) at 10:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Approximately 15 % of babies are breech at 29-32 weeks, 7% of babies are breech at 38 weeks of pregnancy, only 3-4% are breech at 40 weeks pregnancy.

Being inside for as long as possible is the very best start in life you could want for your baby

here's hoping your baby decides to turn for you, maybe waiting is not such a bad thing
    also yoga postion made my sisters baby turn when doctor had turned twice, but baby turned back every time, and doctor had scheduled her for c section, the nurse gave her the position and baby turned correctly and stayed correct, sorry do not know name of position

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Do you have a Dr. that is willing to deliver a breech baby? That is awesome if so.

Best things that you can do to encourage labor are walk, squat, and have sex. Also free yourself of any fears you have about birth or clear up any other stressful areas of your life. Your body wants to wait until you are able to completely relax and welcome your baby into this world.

As for breech, check out spinningbabies.com for ways to encourage optimal positioning and find a chiropractor who is trained in the webster technique. Good luck mama!
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• when did she say her baby was breach. my baby was head down for over a month
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My midwife will deliver breech. I have done websters, moxi, everything you can think of to change his position, and my first was breech too...after you become term in pregnancy and you plan a vaginal its best to get the breech out sooner, because the circum. of the head is smaller...
    amberpatterson

Comment by amberpatterson (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2011