my baby has eczema what do you use?

for the neck and behind the ears.i can see her meat.what do use for thoes areas u cant see.ever time i take her to doc about it.they never give anything for it .they just say put powder on it.

marli08

Asked by marli08 at 7:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Omg, Indeed she does need a dermatologist,

wOW...i would start by giving her an oatmeal bath...right away
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I used aveno's eczema lotion. it worked very well on my daughter.

if it's in areas she can't reach, also try some hydrocortizone cream
    Anonymous

• My son had it too. I use products from my home business. They work great!! Our lotion is shown in lab tests to work way better than Eucerin, for ex. It's not the only thing I use for the condition, but they work in harmony to make my son's eczems go totally away. PM me if you want more info.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 7:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• breastmilk i know sound crazy but i read the on a baby book and i put some on my baby and it works
    Anonymous

• I use Aveeno dye-free fragrance-free on my kids throughout the drier winter months. When it gets too out of control then we use a prescription med. Also, to help prevent it (or at least get it to not dry out as bad) do lukewarm baths (don;t bathe too often) and use hypoallergenic fabric softner.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I used aquaphor like twice and it took most of it away! He has it on his scalp too though and I don't want to rub it in his hair so I don't do anything.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 7:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• oh yeah, I forgot reneek3, I also only bathe my daughter every other day. When it was really bad, it was only once a week. the bathing takes out natural oils in the skin that will really help the eczema heal naturally
    Anonymous

• My son has really bad eczema. The only thing that I have found to work really well unfortunately is the hydrocortizone ointment. Also, my doctor prescribed Desonate, which is also a steroid. The Desonate is a milder steroid so can be used for longer periods according to the doctor. I really don't like to use the steroid creams, but have given in because his skin does get so bad at times. In between the breakouts I use Aveeno eczema cream to keep it at bay. It also sounds like your daughters eczema might be getting infected. This can let germs into the skin and make her more prone to getting sick.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• She needs a dermatologist. They'll give you prescription cream and maybe figure out what could be causing it. Good luck!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 8:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• baby ecezma cream works wonders
    mommam58122

Answer by mommam58122 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2008