Has anyone in here ever used Clomid? Did it work? and What dosage were you put on?

My husband and I have been TTC for almost 2 years, nothing is working, my periods are all messed up and when I do have one I'm still not ovulating, I took Clomid before it was 100 mg and it still didnt make me ovulate. Should I up my dosage or try again with the 100. I am back on the pill to help regulate my periods hopefully so maybe that way I can go off the pill in the summer and get pregnant but I'm running out of answers and energy. I'm ready to give up!

Short.Sunnshine

Asked by Short.Sunnshine at 10:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• If you are having a REAL period then you DID ovulate.
    You may have to go to 150mg. Thats what I ended up on when I was on it. And I would try charting. Go to www.fertilityfriend.com
    Also, find a good OB or a fertility specialist (or reproductive endocrinologist)
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• you should bump it up and also use opk and charting.
    Prayforblessing

Answer by Prayforblessing at 10:38 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• The first time I used clomids was the generic pill of it which was clomiphene. I was only one 25mg it worked the first try. I became pregnant with twins. My second pregnancy just happened and everything went fine. My third pregnancy happened without any medicine but I lost the pregnancy. After the loss my husband and I tried to have another baby and I used clomiphene again to help ttc. I started off with 25 the next month 50 and the next 100mg nothing worked. At this point I gave up and four years later we are finally pregnant with our fourth child everything seems to be on track at 21 weeks. I too do not ovulate right and I only have a cycle maybe twice a year. That is always how my body has been. Some how during a time I shouldn't even be ovulating I do. I wish you the best of luck, I know how frustration this can be when you want something to happen so bad. Your heart aches for that baby.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 10:52 AM on Jan. 14, 2011