Do you read REAL books or books on nook/kindle?

horsesteelers

Asked by horsesteelers at 10:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My Husband and I prefer actual books. We did buy Our Son a V.Reader, but He loves actual books - plus He has a ton already at only 3 1/2!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Both...but I prefer REAL books. Audio books too.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 10:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Only real books. THe problem with these kindle type things is that you can't get a sense of how far into the book you are. When it starts to really amp up the suspense and you can feel you are only a mere 20 pages fromt ehe nd of the book there is a thrill in that that you can't get from the electronics.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 10:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• real books. there is something about them. but then again look at film cameras. they are practically none existent digital has taken over. there will be a time when books will be a novelty.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Real. I work at an independent new/used bookstore. Not only do I get such a hefty discount that it makes it pointless to buy e-books, it also completely undermines the indie effort.

Besides which, I prefer having a book in my hand. I don't have to worry about whether it's charged, I can tell at a glance where I am in the book, I can take notes more easily, I can share books with friends without having to worry about what electronic device they have (or if they have one), etc. And I can get print books used, which is usually cheaper even than the e-book, and I can turn around and trade them again and get more money for it; can't do that with e-books.

The only way I could justify it is if the reader does a lot of traveling. One e-reader is a lot easier (and cheaper) to tote then a suitcase full of books.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:51 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• REAL books.
    Anonymous

• I do both. I am just getting into my Nook and the books are a lot cheaper on the Nook, plus there are over 1.8 million FREE books on the Nook. I like the Nook to have with me and it fits perfectly in my purse and no one knows what I am reading. The new color Nook has apps, you can download movies and music too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• real books, I know at some point I am going to have to break down and get a Nook/Kindle. For me i love books. I love opening them and the smell of them I just can't bring myself to get into the new technology, although I read so much that it might be better to get a Nook/Kindle.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I love real books, but I LOVE my Kindle too. I also LOVE trees, and the Kindle saves them! If I am truly into a book that I want to have forever I buy it. Or the classics I buy as well, but I love my Kindle and would never give it up. It goes anywhere, it is thinner than a pencil, and light weight. I read faster, and more because of it. AND, Goldenlinds...there is a bar that lets you know what percentage of the book you have left...so you do know when you are close to the end. And the Kindle offers a bizillion free books and some free games as well. It also allows you to get online and browse facebook google or anything else you want. I would recomend the Kindle to ANY avid reader. Do your homework on it...it is the best 139 bucks I have spent in a long time...oh and it has a music file too, for mp3s while you read, or it will read the book out loud for you. LOVE IT!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:26 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I read only REAL books! I'm not into Kindle or Nook.
    horsesteelers

Comment by horsesteelers (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2011