has anyone?

Taken difulcan sp? while they were pregnant. Have read its cat c so not sur ehow safe it is so kinda freaking me out... Its the one day yeast infection pill.

karamomof5

Asked by karamomof5 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• my doc wanted me to just let the infection pass on its own if possible-it was annoying, but it did go away. did your doc give it to you? if so then im sure its ok, but never hesitate to call and ask questions-dont feel like you are bothering them, thats what they are there for. i went to e.r. for some pain and they tried to give me morphine and percocet and i didnt wanna take the risk, even though e.r. doc said they werent in the harmful class of meds--my own doc almost had heart failure when she found out he said that and was so glad i didnt take them. good luck
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I took one pill and my baby was born just fine at 40 weeks and 1 day. I found this on a website also here is the link.

Pregnancy Category C is given to medicines that have not been studied in pregnant humans but that do appear to cause harm to the fetus in animal studies. Also, medicines that have not been studied in any pregnant women or animals are automatically given a pregnancy Category C rating.

http://women.emedtv.com/diflucan/diflucan-and-pregnancy.html
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 2:12 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't take it instead I would just take probiotics
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I had to take it. My doctor prescribed it. I took it early on in my pregnancy and I'm 36 weeks now.
    Ashley21

Answer by Ashley21 at 10:16 AM on Jan. 14, 2011