• In the Spotlight:

Have anyone been in this situation? i need advice or ideas?

Me and my baby's father recently got back together but chose to live seperately til we're both ready to live together. Any1 done this or have any ideas on how to make it run smoothly as far as schedule for DS and any other ideas, advice, or ?'s r welcome

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Were you living together before you separated? I can't comment until I understand this. If so, why did you separate?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:14 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I think the best thing you can do is sit down and have a long discussion. Discuss why you broke up in the first place, and how you can avoid that problem in the future. Discuss again why you think it is a good idea to hold off on moving in together. Then discuss your child, and how being together again will affect him. Agree on what is best for your son as far as a schedule, and what is best for you as a couple when it comes to spending time together.

Set boundaries, and stick to them. When things are going well within those boundaries, then take it up a notch. Take it slowly.
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 2:54 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• well i have been in a a number of situations with my now ex husband and honestly its not bad that hes my ex.... We had been together for over 9 years and just recently have come to terms with it but we have devloped a friendship that is better then what our relationship had turned into ... not saying there isnt any hope but think to yourself about what you truly want in life and try not to let the fact that you both have a child together bur your heart .. making it work for the kids isnt always best because then in the long run more then just u will get hurt... find out where you both were running into issues why u both seperated in the first place maybe even couseling i am a firm believer that it is important to exhaust every option out there because once you both were happy its about finding it again and making it work or accepting it not working ...best of luck ;)
    mommi638

Answer by mommi638 at 2:20 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I think that it would be for the better that you both continue to live seperated.but make sure that he continues to see the baby.
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 14, 2011