baby carrier

will my baby be ok if i take walks in the summer with her in the front baby carrier or will it be to hot? i would do it in the morning or evening when its coller since it reaches the low 100s here. or would it just be better if i bought a douple stroller

djsmommy13

Asked by djsmommy13 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Carriers get really hot. So you might want to do the stroller.
    Anonymous

• Invest in a good gauze wrap. It will be cooler than other carriers and just as comfy, if not more so. Also, make sure to cover baby's head, legs and arms so they dont get burned. Walking is great for you and the fresh air is great for baby!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:03 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• you should be ok going in the early mornings or evenings after its cooled down or befor it gets to hot. But i do agree with aqua jen you miht be better off investing in a good gauze wrap carrier if its going to be something you use alot because they do keep baby and you alot cooler.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Remember the baby will be getting your body heat too in a carrier. You don't want a baby to overheat. Never heard of a gauze wrap carrier but it still seems like it might be too hot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I lived in Kuwait for almost 20 years and believe me, you haven't experienced hot until you've been out in 120 degree weather in the SHADE!! That said, I used a chest carrier for my children and they seemed much happier in that than in the stroller. Just be sure to slather on baby sunscreen and a nice floppy hat to keep the sun's rays off her head and face.
    Branwen70

Answer by Branwen70 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 14, 2011